Image credit: © Inge Loots, All Rights Reserved
This keto-bread is also gluten-free. A typical loaf only has 40g carbs and yields 20 slices. It only has 2g carbs per slice, -2g net carbs, if you use that metric! On top of that, it’s VERY easy to make!
- 180 grams nuts and seeds flour mix (I used a combination of almond flour (75g), ground sunflower seeds (35g), pumpkin seeds (35g) and sesame seeds (35g). You can make your own combination using flaxseed, hemp seed, whatever you like.
- 75 grams psyllium husk fibres* (dietary fibre)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs (substitute with flaxseed gel for vegan version)
- 265 grams Greek 10% fat yoghurt (substitute with *firm* vegan yoghurt for vegan version)
- 75 gram melted butter, cooled (use coconut oil for vegan version)
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees C (add 10% of heat when you have a convection oven).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet ingredients (except for the butter) and mix well. Then add the soft cool butter on low. Carefully mix to a dough. It should be thick enough to make balls if you wanted.
- Grease a 30 centimeter loaf form and add the mixture to the cake tin. You can add seeds for decoration at the top.
- Let it rest for a bit, bake for 40 minutes.
- Cover the top to avoid burning and resume baking for another 40-45 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tin, then transfer to cooling rack.
Nutritional information per slice (one loaf contains 20 slices)
128 kcal; -2g net carbs (2 g carbs); 3.22g fibre; 1.09g sugars; 11.1g fat; 4g saturated fat; 6.3g unsaturated fat; 5.7g protein; sodium 98mg; potassium 18mg.
* indicates an affiliated link to Amazon UK. More info on affiliated links.